Sunday 17 February 2019

Internship

Assalamualaikum and hello!

It's me again. Yes I know I told you guys I'll blog before I go to internship training, but as usual.. yeah. I'm already completed my first week of internship and all I can say is that, I haven't get that big picture yet. Well that's probably because I am still new and there is 15 weeks to go and moreover, I don't have any working experience.

I am a HR student but since my supervisor is still on leave, so I don't get any instruction to do any HR tasks and works. So far, my tasks are more like PA things (attended meeting, made minute meeting, handled briefing, etc.) I even sat at the front desk because they had meeting so they need someone to sit there in case there will be people and guest came to the office. And Kak Yati also got things to settle on because she is transferring to another branch so I was in for that! It was fun hehe

I would say that I looooveeeee to handle briefing more than anything. Because it seems like it is close to what I have been doing all this time in uni. But on my second day, I helped to make calls to 63 entrepreneurs. I never thought that job will be very difficult because I sat there like 4 hours? And made calls repeatedly because not everyone would pick up on the first ringing. I got a headache like seriously. Hahahahaha. Making too many calls is so challenging. Glad that I wasn't that nervous.

The most chaotic scene of my first week is about making photocopies! We have 3 interns and we all know already on how to make copies BUT suddenly when the whole employees in our department were in the meeting, we got intercom from someone (he is in higher position too but in another department) and we were asked to make copies in colour. The problem was we need a password to make photocopies in colours. That chaotic scene was just so funny to think of. What a foolish thing I did. Thankfully, someone helped. 

So far, I think there is not much to do especially tasks related to HR. I'm just helping them in doing simple task. This is just my first week btw, so chill, there's long way to go. But I would love it if they can provide me with more work to do. And teach me many things that will help me to broaden my knowledge and experience in HR and also give me a better picture on real working environment.

I look forward to my second week. 

And congratulations to myself, I did well in my 5th semester.

#roadtoANC
#roadtoselempangpink

Thank you Allah for giving me the opportunity to improve myself and to make both of my parents proud of me. One semester to go! Wish me all the best for my internship and FYP! :)

 My first task on my first day 

I can finally wear heels yay

2 comments: